Private Lessons Description
We offer dance instruction for adults and children on social and competitive levels. Would you like to learn to dance for your wedding, prom, Quincanera or other once-in-a-lifetime event? If you can count to eight, you can learn to dance! Your professional instructor will customize your unique routine taking into consideration everything from your experience to your venue size to your dress. This will be the most important performance of your life; let us help you shine!
Private and semiprivate dance lessons
Studio Dance Revolution offers private lessons in the following dance styles
- There are various reasons to take private lessons, but everyone will find certain advantages of private lessons over group environment that will work specifically for them. The advantages of having private lessons are described in the article bellow “Benefits to Private Lessons”.Private lessons provide a unique opportunity to learn one-on-one from our expert faculty during a time you select. If you’ve already decided to take group lessons, it is a good idea to schedule at least one (1) private lesson per month to refine the month’s material, make up a class, or just get some help.
- Private Lessons are also a perfect way to prepare for the most special day of your life: your wedding day. Our instructors can choreograph a first dance just for you and your fiancé that will have your friends and family star-struck at your reception. Your wedding is a once in a lifetime event, you owe it to each other to make it everything you ever dreamed!
- We encourage you to visit our studio Dance Revolution to better understand what differentiates us from other dance studios. You will soon find that our facility, and our focus on students create a dynamic environment unlike anything you’ll find elsewhere.
Benefits to Private Lessons
There are many benefits to private lessons for adults and children equally. Here our top 10 reasons to take private lessons, either you are an adult with a busy lifestyle trying to fit lessons into your schedule or you would like to sign up your child for dance classes, but not sure if private lessons are a good choice for your child.
Top 10 Reasons to Take Private Lessons for Adults
- Time flexibility. Do you have a scattered work schedule? Can’t make it to as many classes as you’d like because of it? Well, a private lesson can be booked when it’s convenient for you.
- Choose your instructor. You can choose an instructor that has a style or personality that suits you.
- You get an instructor’s full attention. Sure, group classes are great because you get to dance with different people. However, with that benefit comes a major down side; a good teacher has to divide his time as fairly as possible between everyone in the class. So if you’re in a class full of people, you’re going to have a hard time getting the most detail.
- Learn as much detail as needed. Another thing that’s great about private lessons is that you can take the time to dissect certain details that you would never have the chance to really get into in group classes. As many people know, dancing is all about detail, a slight change in any position can be a world of difference. So this is your chance to really get the details that your dance has been missing.
- Custom tailored help. Usually in group classes, your instructor does not have enough time to answer each individual question – there is a program that is followed and everyone sticks to it, and sure, you can ask your teacher a question about what he is demonstrating, but you won’t have the chance to really look into your own problems. In a private lesson, it’s all about you. You can write down a list of things that have been frustrating you and you can really work out those personal techniques you’ve been thinking about.
- Get to dance with your instructor. Another benefit of getting undivided attention is that you can get to dance with your teacher during your private lesson. A lot of teachers like to dance with their students during the regular group classes, however, in larger classes it will almost be impossible for the instructor to really get a chance to be with everyone. A private lesson will guarantee time where you can test yourself against your teacher and have your teacher to analyze your skills better by dancing with you.
- You have special needs and still want to express yourself through dance. Want to overcome that disability? Ready to show everyone that ANYONE CAN DANCE? A private lesson will allow you some space and time to feel comfortable with dancing, as well as give a professional the chance to help you prevent injuries and improve technique specific for your body.
- Get ready for a wedding or special special event. Don’t set out onto that floor, dressed to the nines with two left feet! A private lesson can help couples refine that first-dance choreography. They can help you brush up on your ballroom basics in a jiffy. And they may even help you sweep someone off their feet.
- Privacy. Sometimes, us adults, feel awkward doing new things in life, and we do not want anybody to see us going through the learning phase in our established life for various reasons. Well, that is why private lessons called private and the only person that will know about your intentions, strength and weaknesses is your instructor.
- Suggestions for You: If you have been afraid to take private lessons until now, I would urge you, to take the opportunity to indulge yourself in the luxuriant feeling of dance in a private lessons setting. You will enhance your presentation beyond your wildest dreams!
Top 10 Reasons to Sign Up Your Child For Private Lessons
- Fewer distractions. In a classroom setting, noise and other interruptions from other peers can hugely affect your child’s performance. This is especially true if your child suffers from Attention Deficit Disorder. Private one-on-one instruction is a much more controllable environment, and therefore far less susceptible to interference.
- Choose your instructor. You can choose an instructor that has a style or personality that suits your child, and if it’s not working you can book another one.
- Focus on specific areas. During private lesson instructor is able to focus on specific areas that your child may be having problems with. A group instructor will only be able to give limited private attention to students as they are constrained by time and tough targets for subject coverage.
- Confidence and self-esteem. These are extremely important factors to learning any subject. The more confident a child feels the more creative their thought processes become which means they will be able to grasp complicated concepts much more easily.
- Enthusiasm. Most of our dance instructors are professional competitive dancers , and have a passion and love for dance. This can be infectious for your child who may pick up the interest and fascination for dance that our instructors have.
- Catch-up. Sometime your child may have missed key points in the syllabus that are now holding them back from understanding the more advanced concepts. A private instructor will quickly be able to identify areas that need work and bring your child up to speed. This is especially important if your child has been ill and missed a few lessons.
- Shy children can ask questions. A lot of children may be too shy to ask questions in class and may then miss out on key points in their subjects. Like a large rock in a fast flowing river this can have repercussions for a long time afterwards. They are much more likely to ask questions in a one-on-one environment with their instructor.
- Coverage. A private instructor is able to cover a lot of detail in a short time. They can work at your child’s pace and become very familiar with your child’s capacity for learning and the methods that work best with your child when explaining sometimes advanced concepts to them. Every child is different and our expert instructors will be able to identify and adapt to the individual needs and capabilities of the student.
- Children may be asking questions of mum or dad that you just can’t answer. A private instructor can provide the answers your child needs and the tools your child can use to find the answers themselves.
- Handling attention span. Your child may only be able to concentrate for 10 minutes before their mind starts wandering onto other things. This is completely normal. A private instructor will easily be able to recognize when your child’s attention span is wavering. A minute or two discussing something else or having a glass of water will reset the clock to an extent and your child will be able to get back on track quickly.